Thursday, January 20, 2011

The youngest of 4

I am 28 years old and to this day when my mother introduces me to someone it starts out with this is my baby Donna...then how old I am and then my children.  My brother and 2 sisters will agree with this statement too!  My siblings include: a brother, John, is 15 years older than me, sister, Willa, 13 years older and another sister, April, 2 years older than me.

My brother John, I don't know where to begin with him-I still haven't figured him out yet!  Mainly because I was 3 when he went off to college.  However, I always know that if I need to know something to ask him because he is full of information!  He hasn't let me down yet.  As a little girl my sister Willa would always dress me up, fix my hair and took me everywhere.  I was her life-like baby doll.  She claims she showed me the world...at least Lenoir County!  Now, she just shows me Duplin County and that would be because I have my own room at her house.  Then there is April, we fought while we were growing up being so close in age and now its the exact oppisite.  I know I can count on her even if it is @ 4am and I am calling because my house alarm went off and woke us out of a dead sleep thinking someone was breaking into my house.

My family name is the privileged 1 and this holds very true.  April will tell you that even as little girls I had the pretty colors and she got the dull colors.  I was the child that stayed at home the longest, so when it was just my mom, dad and myself I really didn't have a lot to do.  I would eat and then go out...every night.  What else was I suppose to do?  Well I guess it all started then.  Everyone was grown and had a life of their own.  So mama and daddy just had me to take care of.  From CD players, cell phones and a non-exsisting curfew I had no rules.  Just did whatever they asked me to and said thank you for what I got.  A few years ago some of me and some of my friends were eating dinner at my parents house and all they could talk about was how my mother fixed my plate and poured my tea.  This is just what I grew up with and that is just what she did.  Now if I am going to eat at my parents house (planned) my dad will look at me and ask me what I want to eat...then states because its not about what he wants because her baby is eating with them too!  But don't let him fool you, he has tried to tell me what I want!  When I go to the beach my mom plans the menu with me and tells daddy what he has to cook.  However, he has been teaching me how to cook on his new and improved grill at the beach!

Thats all I have time for tonight! Hope everyone has a great Friday!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment